A first course with intense flavors and aromas, signed by Alessandro Rossi, chef at Gabbiano 3.0 in Marina di Grosseto. INGREDIENTS
200 g, fresh
200 g, fresh
Red Wine Vinegar
20 g, demi-sel
Extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare the Garlic & Garlic Rice Snails & Snails dish
- Clean the land snails by mixing them with coarse salt and red wine vinegar: they will make a slime which must be washed away with running water.
- At this point, boil them in salted water flavored with wild fennel for about half an hour.
- Using a toothpick, take them out of the shell and remove the intestine part.
- Prepare a sauté with half the white onion and toast the snails.
- Wet with half the white wine.
- Add the tomato pulp and continue cooking slowly for about two hours, adding water if necessary.
- At the end, season with salt and pepper, then adding the coarsely chopped parsley.
- Boil the sea snails for about 15 minutes in salted water.
- Just like the others, take them out of the shell and remove the intestine part.
- Toast them in a sauté of onion and blend them with the remaining white wine, continuing to cook in white for about half an hour.
- Create a black garlic cream by placing it in a thermomix with 30 grams of water; let it run for about 6 minutes at speed 4 at 50°C.
- Once you have finished stirring, filter it with the help of a fine mesh strainer.
- Also create a wild garlic cream by blanching it in salted water for about 2 minutes.
- Stop cooking in water and ice, sauté in the pan with a drizzle of oil and blend it again with a thermomix.
- Filter when blending is complete.
- At this point start cooking the rice, toasting it in the pan without anything.
- Deglaze first with very little white wine and then with very little vinegar.
- Pour in boiling water and continue cooking.
- One minute from the end add the black garlic.
- Let it rest off the heat for about 3 minutes and stir in the demi-sel butter.
- Place the rice on the plate, placing the two snail preparations and the wild garlic cream on top.